The Street Cleaning Service encompasses all the actions required to achieve the best possible level of cleanliness throughout the Municipality of Adeje.
In general, the following activities are contemplated:
· Manual sweeping of pavements, promenades, squares, roads and kerbs, including the emptying of litter bins.
· Mechanical sweeping of pavements and roads, collecting and eliminating waste, rubbish and dust.
· Brigade sweeping of built-up areas near the town centre
· Manual sweeping of pavements, promenades, squares and roads that are difficult for mechanised activities
· Mechanical sweeping by pressure water jetting
Let's take care of our municipality
Tips for the livelihood of the citizens of Adeje
ON THE STREET
- Cleanliness in our municipality is important:
- When walking our PETS, which we care for and are part of our immediate environment, we must bear in mind that our municipality, with its streets, squares and gardens are also part of our environment and that, just like our pets, they need to look healthy and clean; therefore, always carry a bag and dispose of their excrement in the waste bin.
- PAPER BINS are not rubbish bins, making good use of them is vital.
- Respecting the TIME SCHEDULES for taking out the rubbish and depositing waste in closed bags and INSIDE BINS will help to keep the rubbish rooms and streets clean, thus improving the service and our quality of life as citizens.
- Please note that before you dispose of bulky items such as furniture, mattresses, fridges, washing machines and other large items, you should contact our centralised information telephone number 922 711 989 and we will collect them within 24-48 hours.
on the car
- For proper maintenance of pavements, roads and pedestrian areas, remember:
- Change the OIL and BATTERY of your vehicle in authorised places. The WASHING of our vehicles must also be carried out in the places adapted for this purpose.
- Do not leave OLD CARS abandoned on the street, it is better to take them to a scrapyard or scrap centre for reuse.
- Hand in our old or used TYRES for recycling.
- DO NOT THROW TRASH or any other type of object out of the window of your vehicle. This will prevent litter from becoming embedded in the road and keep our environment looking healthy.
- Use PUBLIC TRANSPORT whenever possible.
- To curb the impact of more durable waste and help eradicate this waste to a greater extent:
- Let's save the leftover DIY products to be deposited in the clean points, to prevent their high corrosiveness from causing great damage to urban pavements.
- Finding cigarette butts on the ground is very unpleasant. If we smoke, let's pick up our cigarette butts to throw them in the bin or take them home.
- Let's save packaging and waste to be deposited in the appropriate container, and let's be careful not to leave lighter objects such as paper or plastic behind.
- The use of environmentally friendly and recycled materials will prevent pollution and deterioration of urban areas.
- Adeje has modern urban cleaning machines which represent an important improvement in the quality of life in the town. This equipment will enable the removal of the most stubborn and stubborn waste that disfigures the pavement.
TO USE THE PUBLIC AREAS ON PUBLIC ROADS AND RUBBISH ROOMS PROPERLY.